Home Story: 1971 Home Story: 1971

A beautiful game with heart-wrenching emotions hovering about the atmosphere that surrounds an innocent girl on her birthday. This game gives a very melancholy and simple way of telling a story about a family of once four and now three. The hints throughout the game as to what happened were nicely subtle and gave substance to the backstory. The overall game-play was rather simple, but it wasn't really about playing a game; it was about seeing the perspective of loss through the eyes of a young girl that either can't or wont connect the pieces. It felt somewhat detached, but it didn't take much to see the pain the family is experiencing. This is a beautiful looking game that tugs at your heartstrings if you allow it to. I feel sad that the girl will have to come to terms with this in the future.

Glitch Ballet Glitch Ballet

"What... the... f-" was my first response, because wow those bodies deformed so far into "whoa" that I didn't know what to do with myself. It was cool to watch the physics though and see all of the freaky poses they could make.

Geist Geist

The clues were frustratingly vague. Though I love the art style and the whole idea is interesting, the fact that I can't figure out what to do and I'm just staring at the same thing the entire time is a bit irritating. I like the game, but damn I can't figure out how to finish the game! <:(

Adventures Of Froghead. Adventures Of Froghead.

The game's not too bad. The mechanics are different than the average game in the sense that you can only use projectiles given to you by the enemies, which is an interesting twist. There are some parts that I had to constantly replay because the keyboard setup was a bit difficult to grasp, and I ended up giving up because I didn't want to spend so much time repeating things. The thing that caused the most annoyance was the "A" button for jumping. Perhaps you could change that to holding down the up arrow key instead? The layout was a bit confusing all together (minus the arrow keys, of course).
The game is kinda cute (whether or not you intended it to be that way) and rather humorous. I see something fun and different here, but it tends to cause more frustration than it's worth playing. Still, even with that being said, I still like it.

Lost-Head-Studio responds:

Thanks for taking the time to give some constructive feedback Catandcrow,

I figured that most people would be somewhat used to having there hands over ASWD from fps's so it wouldn't be that bad - but I think you are right. I thought about using a charge style jump initially but ended up going with 2 instead to make it a bit more responsive.

What about if the jump used the space bar instead of 'A', would that have been more comfortable?

Cult Prophecy Cult Prophecy

This game has quite an interesting story to it. It certainly peeked my interest as I was playing it. The quiet/slow start helps build up the suspense and fear as things begin happening. The thing that freaked me out the most was [spoiler] the room with the doll after the person appears.
The game doesn't jump out as amazing, but it is fun and the story is rather different than other games. I congratulate you on making an original story and experience.

Emby responds: